Below, we have detailed our environmental commitments here at Bonsai Direct
- All electricity used within our company (Bonsai Direct) is completely green. Solar Photovoltaic panels have been installed on our property. Any electricity required as a top up is produced from the wind, the sun and the sea.
- Hot water is produced from Solar Thermal Panels. Solar thermal panels collect heat by absorbing sunlight. We use the hot water to run under-floor heating systems to our office and hot water to our taps.
- Additionally, our indoor bonsai growing areas are heated using wood pellets. Our Wood pellets are manufactured locally from timber waste products produced through industrial processes. Material in the form of saw dust, wood shavings etc are the ingredients of the finished pellet. Wood is “Carbon neutral”; CO2 is taken from the atmosphere by trees during their life. This is then released back when burnt or during the natural process of decay. In a sustainably managed forest, wood is never removed faster than it is added by new growth.
- Another point to add, our company vehicle has been changed in 2010 from a large diesel powered vehicle to a Hybrid electric/petrol motor car which now greatly reduces our fuel consumption and CO2 emissions.
- Lastly, our Bonsai Direct packaging is primarily made of cardboard and the void fill used in packaging is made from a revolutionary 100% natural biodegradable material (and not from polystyrene). We hope that the recipient of the bonsai will recycle the packaging as it is designed to be composted.
Please keep in touch!
An eco-friendly bonsai tree from a small, independent UK business. We are conscious about their sustainability and are helping to fight the fight for clean air.
If you are unsure about which bonsai tree is best for you, for your gift, or you have any other queries, please contact us and one of our friendly team will get back to you.
Make sure you sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the page). You will get priority access to new products and exclusive offers. You can also find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Pinterest for behind the scenes, tutorials and lots of other care advice!