Our environmental commitment! Here’s how we are minimising our impact on the environment:
Our environmental commitment is extremely important to us. What we are already doing:
- All cardboard packaging is FSC certified, and is also fully recyclable and compostable.
- Plastic void fill is 100% reusable and recyclable.
- We heat all of our greenhouses with biofuels.
- Our electricity is from 100% renewable energy sources.
- We have limited the use of pesticides; instead we use biological control (a.k.a. bugs!).
- We sell all of our waste cardboard to a recycling centre. We donate all profits from selling the cardboard to our local village playing fields.
- Ribbons, bows and tags used on gifts can be reused.
- Look out for our green bubble wrap – it is 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
- Mailing bags for smaller items are 100% biodegradable and recyclable.
- Our couriers, DPD, are also carbon neutral.
And of course all of our bonsai will absorb CO2 as well!
What we are looking to do soon:
- Eco-friendly tape.
- Offsetting all of our carbon emissions.
- 100% peat-free compost – we’re getting there!
If you have any questions regarding our environmental commitment, please contact us!
DPD are increasingly delivering, collecting and transporting our parcels using electric vehicles. Have you seen one of their green vans? They are very regularly seen in London now!